Château Suduiraut PUR SÉMILLON Grand Vin Blanc Sec is made from our prestigious Premier Cru Classé terroir of Sauternes.
This wine is produced from a small parcel planted with Semillon vines, on average 55 years old, specifically identified depending on the vintage to reveal the best of this typical grape variety of Sauternes.
It offers aromas of fruit and white flowers, with great elegance and smoothness on the palate.
30% in new barrels
70% from barrels of one vintage, for 9 months
Alcohol content: 14° - Total acidity: 2.9
- Moderately rainy and cold winter until February, then milder weather returned.We harvested the three parcels of Semillon for this cuvée on 31st August. The hot and dry vintage allowed the grapes to reach a high level of ripeness on our old vines, around 55 years old, which resisted the climatic conditions of the season very well.
- 1st and 2nd April: a severe frost episode affected the vineyard. Loss of 40% on our yield.
- May/June: rapid flowering and the phenological stages ensued rapidly.
- Mid-June: first heat wave. End of June: between 5 and 30% of our vineyard was affected, depending on the plot, by thunderstorms with some hail.
- Hot, dry summer with high temperatures.
- End of July: relatively fast veraison.
- Mid-August: some rainfall beneficial to the vines.
The harvest for the dry white wines
We started harvesting early, on 18th August, breaking all our records. The grapes were beautiful with a very good level of acidity. We fine-tuned the harvest by keeping a close watch on the aromatic maturity of each plot.
This Pur Semillon is very powerful, with saline notes and aromas of white fruits and flowers. A perfect expression of this exceptional terroir.